Whether you are a member of the Simcoe County Branch, Ontario Ancestors (formerly The Ontario Genealogical Society) or not, you have probably benefited from the large number of resources we have worked to create. So why should you join?
Membership in a genealogical society will help you further your research through sharing experiences and common interests with others. Your membership dues also help fund our many projects that record and preserve historical information for future generations. Without the work of organizations such as ours, much of this information would slowly disappear over time. Unfortunately, without members our organizations would be unable to exist.
If you have benefited from our Census Indexes, Cemetery Transcriptions, Settlers Database or any of the other resources we have recorded and preserved, then please consider joining our Branch. We are a non-profit organization so all money raised is put back into projects. To see what we are currently working on, visit the Projects portion of our website.
There are many benefits to becoming a Simcoe County Branch member.
- receive the Branch newsletter SCAN (Simcoe County Ancestor News) – published quarterly
- gain access to the Members Only portion of the Branch web site
- long distance members (those who live outside of Ontario) can expect an email or phone call from our Research Team offering to help with a small portion of their research using resources local to Simcoe County that they would not normally have access to
- submit unlimited number of query entries in SCAN and Branch web site per year
- submit 10 entries on the web site Surname List per year
- post a link to a personal genealogy web site on the branch web site
- post family reunion information on the Branch web site
- submit your Simcoe County Settlers information and pedigree charts for the Settlers Database project
Membership is done through Ontario Ancestors. Please see their website for further information.
For Branch membership inquiries contact the Membership Co-ordinator.