To become a member of the Simcoe County Branch, Ontario Ancestors, membership in our parent organization, the Ontario Genealogical Society is required.
When joining the Ontario Genealogical Society online, be sure to add the Simcoe County Branch to your cart. If you prefer to join by mail, download and complete the Membership form and indicate that you also wish to join the Simcoe County Branch. Branch membership entitles you to the current issues of the Branch newsletter, the Simcoe County Ancestor News (SCAN) as well as access to the Members Only section of the Branch website.
With your OGS membership you will receive:
- Copies of the Society’s quarterly publication Families and the weekly OGS eWeekly Update.
- Access to numerous member benefits as outlined on the OGS website
- The Ontario Genealogical Society issues tax receipts for donations over $20.
- Your membership in the Ontario Genealogical Society will allow the organization to continue its work. The Society ensures that there is uniformity across all Branch and Special Interest Group (SIG) projects, publications, and ensures networking between the Branches and SIGs. The Ontario Genealogical Society has been responsible for the coordination of province-wide projects including cemetery transcriptions, census indexing, places of worship inventory, and indexing of strays.
- Membership in the Ontario Genealogical Society allows the Society to be an influence on government bodies concerning cemetery closures, preservation of records, and release of records for research.