Apto Roman Catholic Cemetery; Barrie, Ontario: Simcoe County Branch, Ontario Genealogical Society, 2006 Publications
“Apto, St. Patrick’s Roman Catholic” Monumental Transcriptions Vol 1, Central North Simcoe County;
Extracted, edited and indexed by Eldon D. Weber
Toronto, Ontario: Ontario Genealogical Society, 1977.
The cemetery was located on the farm of Henry McEvoy. He is remembered by the following inscription: “Henry McEvoy, who spent and laboured much to clear and purchase a farm of 100 acres on which the church etc are built. Then offered it to God with pious heart in honour of his Blessed Mother. He was called to his reward 10 Mar 1860 in his 50th year.” The earliest death recorded was that of Ann, wife of Patrick Morin who died 12 Sep 1847. The land was deeded to the Diocese in 1856. A sign over the entrance indicates it was in use from 1847 to 1907. The remaining stones have been gathered together in two rows on a concrete base.
Based on information from: Monumental Transcriptions Vol 1, Central North Simcoe County, Ontario Genealogical Society, 1977.