Township of Essa 5786 County Road 21 Utopia, Ontario, L9M 1T0 (705) 424-9770
Pioneer Cemeteries of Essa Township Transcribed by Norma Hammond, Arnott Wilson & Helen Wanless, Ed: Ken Reese Barrie, Ontario: Simcoe County Branch, Ontario Genealogical Society, 2000. Publications
History: Henry Morris, first reeve of Essa Twp deeded the property for a cemetery in 1887. His grandson, Henry A. Morris, who drowned in the Nottawasaga River, was buried there the previous year. James K. Morris, son of Henry, deeded the adjacent land to the east for Egbert Methodist Church which was built in 1887. After Church Union in 1925, it became a member of the Simcoe Presbytery of the United Church of Canada. The church was closed in 1962.
Based on information from: Plaque Commemorating Egbert Cemetery and Methodist Church, erected on site by Essa Historical Society, 2005.