Millers’ Church, Hobart Methodist, Hobart United, Hobart Memorial Church
4590 Line 6 North, Oro-Medonte
700 m south of Mount Saint Louis Rd West, west side
Medonte Con 6 Lot 9
Hobart Church Cemetery Board
RR# 4, 3608 Line 9 N,
Coldwater, Ontario L0K 1E0
Tombstone Inscriptions in Hobart Cemetery Transcribed by Denise & John Ladouceur, 2005
Midland, Ontario: D. Ladouceur, 2005
Hobart Memorial Church Cemetery;
Transcribed by Lois Black, Mary Garbutt & Helen M. Langman, 1983
Barrie, Ontario: Simcoe County Branch, Ontario Genealogical Society, 1983.
“Hobart” [Partial Transcription] Monumental Transcriptions Vol 1, Central North Simcoe County;
Extracted, edited and indexed by Eldon D. Weber
Toronto, Ontario: Ontario Genealogical Society, 1977.
Justus Rutherford, a native of Manor Hamilton, County Leitrim, Ireland received a land grant for military services. In 1844, he donated part of his property for a church and cemetery. The first burial took place in 1845 and was that of Alexander Miller, who came from Kirkintilloch, Scotland.
The Wesleyan Methodist circuit dedicated a church as early as 1836. The present church was built about 1852 and became known as Miller’s Church. In 1925, it became a United Church.
Based on information from: Hobart Memorial Church Cemetery, Simcoe County Branch, Ontario Genealogical Society, 1983.