Ivy Presbyterian Church Cemetery Board 254 Barrie Street Thornton, Ontario, L0L 2N0 (416) 762-8175 X 331
History: In 1867, James Brown donated land on which to build a Presbyterian Church and burial ground. A frame building was erected the following year. In 1897, the structure was remodeled. A stone foundation was placed under the building and the rest of the church was bricked. New seats and a pulpit were provided and the first furnace was installed. Electric lighting was installed in 1935. A Church parlor, kitchen, and washrooms were added in 1975. Further enhancements, including a new hardwood floor, wainscoting, carpet, and ceiling fans were added in 1984.
Based on information from: History of Ivy Presbyterian Church, article from July 5, 1928 article available online (2017) made available through ourontario.ca