Longford Memorial United Church, Memorial Presbyterian Church
3851 Longford Mills Road, Ramara
600 m east of Rama Road, south side.
Rama Broken Front Lot 18
About 50 stones
Longford Mills United Church Cemetery Ramara Twp., Con Front, Lot 18, Simcoe (formerly Ontario) County Barrie, Ontario: Simcoe County Branch, Ontario Genealogical Society, 1982 Publications
History: The Memorial Presbyterian Church was erected in 1885 in memory of John Thomson. For sometime, the Anglicans and Presbyterians tried to co-operate in the use of the building but this did not work out and the English Church, St. Peter’s Anglican or Stone Church was erected further west. However, in 1919 the two denominations did buy a joint cemetery lot. Based on a plaque on the church, it appears the Methodists also used the building for some time. Eventually, the Methodists and Presbyterians joined and became part of the United Church. The church is now a private residence.
Based on information from: Reflections of the Past: the story of Rama Township ; compiled & edited by Gabrielle Lotimer. Pub. by Township of Rama, 1989.