Active. The cemetery is well maintained. Many of the older stones have been reinforced and set in new concrete bases.
Catholic Cemeteries – Archdiocese of Toronto
4950 Yonge Street, Suite 206
North York, Ontario M2N 6K1
Mary Margaret Munnoch, Cemeteries in Adjala- Tosorontio Township, Volume One; New Tecumseth, Ont.: The Adjala-Tosorontio Cemetery Committee, c2001.
The cemetery was established in 1850 and consecrated in 1855 on land donated by Hugh Ferguson. A mission church, served by the Priests from St. James Church in Colgan was built at that time. The original building was destroyed by fire in 1885 and the present brick structure was erected the same year.
Based on information from An Historical Plaque of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Toronto, dated 1985 located by the church.