Mary Margaret Munnoch, Cemeteries in Adjala- Tosorontio Township, Volume One; New Tecumseth, Ont.: The Adjala-Tosorontio Cemetery Committee, c2001.
In 1863, William Thompson deeded ¾ acres of land to the Trustees of Thompson Church Congregation of the Wesleyan Methodist Church in Canada. An attractive brick structure was erected in 1872 and a cemetery established in the adjacent churchyard. After church union in 1925 it was known as Rosemont United Church. The church and cemetery closed in 1968. The cemetery was essentially abandoned for some time and many stones were vandalized or lost. The property was eventually taken over by Adjala Township (now Adjala-Tosorontio) and declared a Pioneer Cemetery. Family members replaced some of the missing stones while the Adjala (now Adjala-Tosorontio) Cemetery Committee has repaired others.
Based on Information from: Cemeteries in Adjala-Tosorontio Township, Volume One, The Adjala-Tosorontio Cemetery Committee, 2001