Active. The cemetery is well maintained. Many of the older stones have been reinforced and set in new concrete bases.
Over 1000 Stones
St. James Roman Catholic Church
2118 Adjala-Tecumseth Townline
RR#1, Colgan, Ontario, L0G 1W0
Mary Margaret Munnoch, Cemeteries in Adjala-Tosorontio Township, Volume Two; New Tecumseth, Ont.: The Adjala-Tosorontio Cemetery Committee, 2003.
An Order in Council dated 3 December 1829 ruled that Lots 10, 11 and 13 in the 8 th Concession of Adjala be used for a Roman Catholic Church and School. The first log church was built in 1830 and the cemetery was established at that time. This was replaced by a frame building in 1851. The existing brick church was opened in 1889.
Based on information from: Cemeteries in Adjala-Tosorontio Township, Volume Two, The Adjala-Tosorontio Cemetery Committee, 2003 and various plaques at the cemetery.