18 stones have been gathered together in two rows on either side of a cairn that marks the location of the former church.
St. Thomas Anglican Cemetery
20 Yonge St.
Elmvale, Ontario L0L 1P0
“Allenwood Anglican” Monumental Transcriptions Vol 1, Central North Simcoe County;
Extracted, edited and indexed by Eldon D. Weber
Toronto, Ontario: Ontario Genealogical Society, 1977. Publications
The land was purchased by Toronto Diocese on March 18, 1876, from Mr. Obediah Stafford. The first church was an unheated frame building. In 1897, a brick clad structure that seated about 75 people was built on the same site. Services were held intermittently until 1952 and only annually thereafter. In 1967, the church was de-consecrated and the building demolished.
Based on information from:
Plaque on cairn marking site of the former church.