Mary Margaret Munnoch, Cemeteries in Adjala- Tosorontio Township, Volume One; New Tecumseth, Ont.: The Adjala-Tosorontio Cemetery Committee, c2001.
History: In 1852, George Brown and his wife Ann sold one acre of land to the Church Society of the Diocese of Toronto for the purpose of building a church and establishing a burial ground. A brick structure was erected. In 1861 an additional ¼ acre was acquired for a protestant school. The church closed in 1935, than reopened, and than closed permanently in 1950. The cemetery was abandoned for many years and became overgrown. Many of the stones were vandalized and in 1962, the cemetery was closed. The church was demolished in 1966. The following year, the cemetery was restored and in 1973 was taken over by Adjala Township. Many of the stones were refurbished by the Adjala-Tosorontio Cemetery Committee in 1994.
Based on information from: Cemeteries in Adjala-Tosorontio Township, Volume One, The Adjala-Tosorontio Cemetery Committee, 2001